Thursday, March 22, 2007

Salesman Extraordinaire

Part of T-ball, apparently, is selling candy bars to pay for uniforms. They do give an option...just fork out $50 up front and forget the selling part. My thought is...if you're going to pay the $50, you might as well get the 50 candy bars that go with it. So, we got the candy bars! btw...I don't think that a t-shirt and a hat cost the $25 we probably make on the sell of the candy. Nevertheless, we are selling the candy.

I have a lot of experience selling things...having participated in all kinds of extra-curricular activities during my school years (Aaron will remember band booster candy bars :P)...and mostly that experience is that I don't really care to sell things...at all. What a great blessing it is to be married to THE BEST salesman at UPS. Jeron is a quick learner and obviously takes after his dad. The first principle of sales that his dad taught him is that it's best to use your network first. Jeron's network consists of all kinds of family, so he started making phone calls tonight. Here's his pitch:

"I'm on a t-ball team and we're selling candy bars to pay for our uniforms. So, there's Kit Kats, Reese's Pieces, Twizzlers, Peanut Butter Cups, and plain chocolate bars and with almonds. They cost one dollar each, so how many would you like? Okay, great. I'm sure you'll be pleased with these chocolates. They are very yummy. Thank you. You're welcome."

After three phone calls and 6 pitches to different family members, he's sold 110 candy bars. He has a few more calls to make, so we'll keep you updated on his sales.

You'll notice in the picture that he has a paper and pen and he's writing down the orders. He's very efficient. Thanks to all who have purchased candy bars! We really appreciate your support!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Jeron!! You are a great salesman. Good luck!!

Love ya,
Auntie Heather, Auntie Holly & Grandma

Anonymous said...

Jeron - Those candybars look really good - I want you to sale some to me!

Anonymous said...

i want to hear the sales pitch and the sorensens are usually good for 4 or 5 candybars. (If kim is having a rough day we're probably good for a few more).

Anonymous said...

Great selling job JT. Hope you can find enough bars to cover your orders. If not make mine a dontation to the cause.
Love Ya,
Gramps

Anonymous said...

I still haven't got a phone call from Jeron. He can use my personal line 217-4273

nettie said...

Heidi,

I have NO idea if the IKEA chair exists anywhere else. I haven't seen it, but maybe target might have something like it. They seem to be the first to "copy-cat" stuff...

check out this blog...(I don't know the girl, I linked to her blog from a friends)--She takes AWESOME photos. You probably don't need inspiration because you take awesome photos too, but I like to steal ideas from her...I just don't look for too long, or I get depressed. She's really good.

http://jenniferlee.typepad.com/jenniferlee/