Friday, October 2, 2009

LIVESTRONG DAY

Today is LIVESTRONG Day. LIVESTRONG is an organization whose worthy goal is, simply, a world without cancer. Lance Armstrong is the founder of this organization. Many may know that he was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer 13 years ago today. He is riding this year to promote cancer awareness and to raise money for research. His is an amazing story.

Jeremiah and I had the opportunity to watch him race in person at the Tour of California back in February. I met him, and he signed a jersey for me. He seems very aware of his fans and goes out of his way to meet as many as he can.

Of course, LIVESTRONG was there passing out chalk and encouraging people to write uplifting messages of hope and remembrance on the roads of the race. I thought today a fitting day to share some of my road artwork.

My mom was a huge Lance Armstrong fan. I think she had LIVESTRONG bracelets before Lance did! I am grateful to people like Lance Armstrong for using their notoriety to advance good causes. The abolition of cancer is one of the greatest causes I can think of.

I love you, Mom! Until we meet again, we will LIVESTRONG.

3 comments:

Heywood Family said...

What an amazing experience! Thank you for sharing.
2 weeks 4 days!!!!
Dana

jjones said...

What a wonderful way to remember your mom -- I'm sure she's proud of you!

Jamie said...

What a wonderful way to remember your mom! I'm sure she loved being part of such a great event.