Friday, September 11, 2009

Sampson...or, Davis

Sampson...

Davis, let's cut your hair.

NO!

Davis, you need a haircut.

NO!

Davis, can Mommy cut your hair?

NO!

Yesterday, the haircut stars aligned...finally. Davis was in a GREAT mood after his nap and wanted to watch McQueen. I took advantage of the situation and told him he could watch McQueen while I cut his hair. He did such a great job sitting still and letting me cut, I was amazed. The last two haircuts have been absolute nightmares, complete with screaming and snotting and throwing down. That would be why I haven't pushed the haircut issue this summer. I just couldn't add one more battle to my plate already so full. Imagine my delight when Davis sat up tall on the table, let me use the clippers, and only squirmed and giggled a little bit. After about fifteen minutes, he did start asking me, "Duh? Duh?" That is Davis for, "Done?" There was a lot of hair to cut...and it took a while. I think the outcome is quite handsome...if I do say so myself!

Davis...
The bump on his chin is from a fight with the playground at Jeron's school.
I had to include McQueen in the background...some may say that my children watch too much TV...many days, I would agree...but today, it was well worth it!
The by-product...is that a monster?!
Important Note: I am so behind on my blogging and so many significant events have transpired in the last little while...I am committing to one post a day for the next week (starting with today)...so come back often...wouldn't want you to miss anything!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

What a difference a hair cut makes. Personally, I think he looks adorable either way.

The '6' Fairbanks said...

What a good lookin kid! His hair was getting long, it looks much better. We loved seeing you guys, miss you already!

Leibbrandt Family said...

I feel for ya, Hair cuts for Tavin are the same night mare.
He looks so handsome yoiu did a great job!

Heywood Family said...

I kinda like the long hair. I would grow Dylan's out like that but he always wants it short like his Dad's. That little boy is growing up so much!

Kim said...

I am amazed at the haircut - is there anything you don't do? Great job, and he looks so handsome.

Higley's said...

Cute!! Kind of sad to cut so much hair off though! He's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of when Grandma Rita cut Uncle Jeff's hair...I think there was a similar pile of red hair on Grandma's kitchen floor too! Davis looks very handsome....great job mom! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Arva said...

Wow! What a handsome man. Uncle Ron says he looks just like Jeron. That was a lot of hair. I'll bet he proud of himself. Good job Heidi.