Anyhow, I'd like to take you through Davis' 36 hours from Tuesday morning wake-up until Wednesday night bedtime...prepare for the adventure...
Hour 1: Davis sprays Orange Pledge Furniture Polish all down the front of himself and all over the kitchen floor. Not knowing whether or not he had ingested any, Dad calls poison control and feels like a negligent parent by the time he's done. Davis survives with no noticeable side-effects.
Hour 3: Davis locates a blue marker, removes the lid and proceeds to draw beautiful pictures all over the wall and carpet by the stairs. Mom catches him in the act.
Hour 5: Davis squirts a puddle of baby lotion all over the floor in my bathroom...to be found and cleaned up later by me.
Hours 6-7: Davis takes a nap...peace!
Hour unknown: Davis finds an orange marker, removes the lid and draws beautiful pictures on the newly painted front room wall. The pictures remain, if anyone would like to come view them...but come soon, as I plan to paint over them when I finish painting the front room.
Hours 12-24: Davis sleeps...night, night!
Hour 26: Davis somehow manages to get the bottle of Bed Head (hair product) off my bathroom counter, remove the lid (it's a twisty...something he's quickly mastering), and pour the entire contents...all $6 worth that's left...onto the bathroom floor. Again, found later by me.
Hour unknown: Davis locates some type of cologne or deodorant and douses himself. I only know because by mid-morning he smells really good! I still haven't figured out what he used.
Hour 30: Davis and Jadee get into mom's candy stash (thanks, Auntie Holly) and find a bag of M&Ms. I am such a cool mom that I let them eat the bag before lunch. Apparently, not nearly enough for Davis (have you seen his belly lately?). He goes back in to the stash (I can't even say "sneaks", because he doesn't know how to do that yet), finds a plastic candy cane full of Hershey's red and green chocolates, literally tears the cane in half, and proceeds to eat every last candy. I think that Jadee helped, but I can't prove it. Too much chocolate and he spits the last bit out on Jadee's pillow...Jadee has a come-apart and comes crying to me. Davis slimes the wall in my bedroom with his chocolaty hands and slobbers all down the front of his clean clothes.
Hour unknown: Davis finds a lost bottle of bubbles in Jeron's room, removes the twisty lid and spills the remaining contents on Jeron's desk. Amazingly, he doesn't get any on the floor! Once again, I find this little mishap later in the day.
The good news is Davis didn't die from Pledge poisoning, the marker washed off of the wall and out of the carpet, the lotion and hair product were spilled on linoleum and easily cleaned up, the pillow case is washable, and the bubbles miraculously stayed on the desk. AND just imagine how much my little curious boy learned in all of those instances. He's brilliant! AND he smells good!
P.S. If I had known what a string of events this was going to turn into...I would have photographed them all...sorry!



11 comments:
Oh I have had days like that, good frr you for bein able to see the bright side and the learning experinces for you little trouble maker.
Somedays do you just wonder how some people have the patience for 6,8,or more children. But wouldn't we be so sad without them?
I'm impressed - not by Davis skills but by his parents' patience.
Boy, he sounds just like my Jeren. If they weren't so cute, we would just wring their necks.
Now you know why your mom had gray hair. That and she had to put up with me all those years.
I am just laughing so hard right now! Sounds just like Brayden. Yesterday was the whole bottle of baby powder all over Gage, crayon on the walls (again), and all of his clothes thrown out of his closet. At least I know I'm not alone!
P.S. I've only had to call poison control 3 times in the past 2 years!!!
What an adventurous little boy... I think he may get some of that from his Grandpa Heywood. As I recall Grandma Great had a few stories to tell...just be glad he hasnt' found the butcher's knife and taken to bear hunting!!
I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to you! The 25th of April is Noah's Baptism Day. Send me your email address so we can talk more. (I won't publish the comment with your email)
I love this post about Davis. It is hilarious!
Oh, and you only missed my post because I backdated it so it would be in March, although it was created in April :)
I was laughing the whole time I was reading this since I can see my little guy doing all the same things! What patience you guys have!
This is soo funny, i have tears streaming down my face as i am laughing so hard ... yes the number to poison control is now posted by the phone since Jaxson has caused me to use it quite a bit!!!We have more days like this then not..nice to know i am not alone!
I also laughed the entire time I read this! Wow, I'm glad Piper's a girl! Although she has spent a lot of time in time out lately too-anyone know how to get crayon off carpet?? I'm so glad it's warming up so we can spend this energy outside! I remember by brother's getting into a lot of these types of activities also...
Post a Comment