Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's Great to be 8!

Jeron is turning 8 this August and will be baptized on September 5th. Tonight we attended "It's Great to be 8!" Celebration put on by the Primary (oh, yeah, that's me ;)) He has been so excited to go. I send out personal invitations to each of the kids...so they get a little mail! I think that adds to the attendance...personal mail, you know. On our way there I asked if he was excited. "YES!"

Me: What are you most excited about?
J: Getting baptized.
Me: Did you know that Grandpa will be there tonight?
J: No. SA-WEET!
Pause
J: I wish Grandma could come, too.
Me: Me, too. But she'll be thinking about you.
It was a great program. Grandpa shared his helicopter story to illustrate the comforting power of the Holy Ghost. If you've never heard it, you might want to ask him to tell it to you sometime. He told the same story at my baptism almost 28 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday...leastwise the story and the feelings. Thanks, Grandpa! You did a great job!
Grandma has sewn comforter blankets for the kids for me since I was called as Primary President. Even though she's so, so sick, she still pulled through this year. The kids all loved them and many even remembered to say thank you! I know this will be Jeron's most special blanket. Thank you, Grandma! The blankets are beautiful!
Jeron is so excited to turn 8 and be baptized and be a Cub Scout! He is such a good boy, very tender and thoughtful. We are so blessed to have him in our family. We love you, Jeron!

6 comments:

Beth said...

How sweet!

I remember your Dad telling the helicopter story...how neat that he went to your program and shared it.

August is a long time away...especially for a 7 year old. Hope he doesn't bust waiting for the time to pass.

And I think Grandma will be there...

Garn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garn said...

I want to crack a joke, but I kind of feel like I shouldn't due to the feelings I had when I read this post. We have a 7 year old as well, and she will be baptized in May. Ok...now to the jokes...

What is 8 + 28? I had no idea you were that old (assuming you were baptized at 8).

Also, I would love to hear the helecopter story...maybe you could share it when we come visit on President's day...:)

Higley's said...

Yay Jeron! We are so excited to come for your baptism! I can't believe he is old enough for cub scouts! He was just Brayden's age when we got married...how the time flies! That was so great of your mom to make the blankets! She is such a sweet lady.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeron! We are very excited for your baptism. And so excited that you get to start Cub Scouts. You're an AWESOME kid! Love ya!

Heywood Family said...

Jeron is growing up way too fast!! What an awesome experience!
Dana