Friday, November 21, 2008

Who says you can't have COOKIES for BREAKFAST?!

I received some cookies in a jar from a leadership meeting (that I didn't even attend...thank you, kind counselors!). I have been promising Jadee all week that we would make them...we finally got around to it this morning. It's amazing what fun one can have when the big brother is at school and the little brother is napping! These were the coolest cookies for a three-year-old...all the mixing was by hand! Jadee is a very good and careful mixer (Mom likes to keep all of the dough in the bowl, please).

All of the shaping was by hand!She did a wonderful job of shaping beautiful, uniform balls to bake.

Waiting patiently for the cookies to be done.

All of the eating was...by mouth! Snitching dough...Mom's favorite part...Dad's sure we'll get salmonella one day. A risk I'm willing to take!

Miss Sassy Baker. Jadee's preschool teacher got each of the kids an apron and a baker's hat when they were talking about community helpers. Cute, huh?

MMMMMM...tasty!

btw...Jadee had cereal for breakfast...Mom had cookies. Of course, she did eat her cupcake before lunch yesterday. I guess I'm just a "Life is uncertain, eat dessert first" kind of gal!

8 comments:

Higley's said...

Oh my gosh, Jadee in the hat is soo cute!!!! Love the photographs. What is it with the Higley men and refusing to eat any kind of dough with raw eggs? Jon is the same way. I LOVE eating dessert for breakfast!!! I'm with you all the way on that one!!!!

Leibbrandt Family said...

Cute hat and apron, Looks like a fun morning with mom. I am a cookies for breakfast person to (a cookies anytime person really)!!

Heywood Family said...

Next time we are in town I want Jadee to make me cookies for breakfast!! Yumm-o!

Jamie said...

YUM! And the photos are amazing.

mom said...

Fun. I have a great banana chocolate chip cookie recipe that we eat for breakfast all the time. Bananas, oatmeal, sounds like breakfast to me.

Cristi Lou said...

What cute shots of Jadee baking. Looks like you girls had some fun girl time together.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I want cookies for breakfast when I come to visit! You guys do such fun stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

claire said...

This is Piper's favorite thing to do with me too: "Mom can we make cookies now?" is the question everytime I start dinner...
It's so cute and fun to do it together. I treasure these moments.
That hat is adorable! And what a cute kid!