This morning we got up too early and went to the Great Reno Balloon Races!!
We were there at 5 a.m. for the Dawn Patrol.
Jeremiah took Jeron and Jadee to find the Energizer Bunny so that they could get some ears...pretty cute!
Then we got to watch the mass ascension. After the balloons went up, we went to John and Savina'a house for breakfast. Great thanks to them for a fabulous parking place and a scrumptious breakfast! The kids loved the balloons...even Davis sat still for more than a minute to watch the glowing.
On the way home, Jeremiah asked me how long I've lived in Nevada...22 years or so...then said, "And this is the FIRST time you've been to the Balloon Races!?" I am ashamed to say, "Yes, today was my first time." So...all you Nevadans out there...how long have you lived here and have you been to the Balloon Races? Leave a comment and let us know!
Jeron and Jadee had a fun birthday party to take up the middle of their day. Davis got to go on a date with Mom and Dad. Then, everyone had to help with WORK! :(
Jeron learned how to mow the lawn...he's only 7! Is he supposed to be doing that already!? Jadee helped in the house with me...but we didn't do anything picture-worthy...bummer! Davis was the most helpful of all...he took a long nap!
Jeremiah is home now...I guess we can start our movie. I have much to catch up on. I will try to be a better blogger!



7 comments:
I'm so glad you are back!
I can't believe Jeron is old enough to start mowing the lawn! Time sure does fly.
Heidi. Hello fellow Higley. Cute blog! I just joined the blogging club myself. Go to reidandcristi.blogspot.com to view it. Hope you're doing well.
Hello and welcome back! I was very happy to see the latest news of the Higley Clan! Looks and sounds like the balloon races were a hit....Jeron, auntie has about 2 acres of grass in Indiana that needs to be mowed...Love you all!
Yeah! So good to have you back! I think it is great that Jeron is learning to mow the lawn. I have lived in Nevada 7 years and have never been to them, Aaron has lived in nevada for 25 years and has never been -we will have to put it on the calendar for next year!
Fun day! Glad to see that you are back! Thanks again for letting us stay at your house--Dylan is still talking about playing Jeron and Jadee!
Dana
OMG- I was there the day before! My kiddos were so tired after leaving Fallon at 4 AM that they slept for 5 hours when we got home. It was breath taking- just like your pics show. I am so glad you are back- now everything in the world is right.
i've never seen the balloon races...it looks really pretty.
Post a Comment