Thursday, September 11, 2008

FIRSTS, Part 2

Installment #2:

June 20, 2008...Jeremiah & Heidi's first TRIP to NASCAR
What an experience! Gratefully, we went for UPS, so we got to hang out in the UPS Suite. It was VERY HOT outside at Infineon Raceway in Napa Valley, as you can imagine. We had fun going around to all of the booths and purchasing cars for the kids. It was interesting to people-watch, too. UPS sure has provided us with opportunities we would never dream of otherwise!June 22, 2008...Jadee gives her first ever SCRIPTURE in Primary
We practiced a lot, and it all paid off. Jadee stood right up and said exactly what I whispered to her! Jeron gave a talk, too. He's a great reader...reads with much expression...so he did a great job, too!
Here is Jeron's talk, which he helped write:
I will be reverent, dress modestly, and speak kindly to be worthy to enter the temple.
I can show reverence by not yelling in the church and by walking in the church.
I can dress modestly by wearing sleeves.
I can speak kindly by saying please and thank you.
When I do these things I am preparing to enter the temple.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
And Jadee's scripture:
Doctrine & Covenants
Section 124
Verse 40
And verily I say unto you
let this house be built unto my name
that I may reveal
mine ordinances therein
unto my people.
June 2008...Jeron's first TENNIS LESSONS
Jeron LOVED tennis...much happiness, as shown in his face in the second picture! I am really hoping that he chooses tennis or golf. I'm not much of a t-ball mom!

July 2008...Jadee's first SWIMMING LESSONS
Jadee LOVED swimming lessons...as you can see! She the bravest of my children so far, and certainly not shy. I'm not sure how much she learned this year...the teachers weren't that great...but she did have a great time!
August 25, 2008...Davis's first EXCURSION to LAKE TAHOE
His favorite part was picking up rocks and other items found on the beach and throwing them...can you see the thrown rock in the picture? He loved putting his feet in the water, too. We were so glad to have Dana, Dylan and Maggie with us. Cousins definitely increase the fun factor exponentially! I'll close with Jeremiah and the kids...
...and my favorite little face-maker! The survey of the day is...what is on Maggie's face?! The answer in Part 3!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am extremely jealous of your NASCAR experience - VIP style!

Anonymous said...

What a busy summer! Looks like the kids had plenty to keep them out of trouble....Is that Oreo cookie on Maggie's face?

Heywood Family said...

I love that you are back to posting pictures on your blog! Maggie laughed so hard when I showed her the picture of herself! I don't think I even remember all that is on her face!
Dana

Sariah Hartley said...

Cute!!! I love the pic of Jeron playing tennis!