Monday, January 7, 2008

SNOW DAY!!

We had a beautiful BLIZZARD on Friday, January 4 with very low temperatures and snow that has stuck. This resulted in a SNOW DAY for Jeron today...NO SCHOOL! He has spent the majority of the day outside playing...he's still there! Jadee went out for about 5-10 minutes...she is our fair-weather girl.

Jeron and I tried to build a snowman on Saturday afternoon...

As you can see, the snow conditions were less than ideal! (Jeremiah shed a few tears for the missed ski day...apparently bad snowman snow is great skiing snow...) We couldn't get it to stick together to save our lives...aw, yes, the powder that skiiers dream of... Jeremiah tried to shovel in slushy snow from the culdesac, but that didn't work, either. In the end, we were left with a pile of snow with a carrot nose. It started to snow on us as we were giving up, er, I mean, finishing up. You can see the snow flying in the picture.

The sun is shining today and Jeron came in earlier to report that the snow is sticking together. I went out when the little ones went down for naps and this is what we came up with...

YAY!! What a gorgeous snowman, complete with a carrot nose, Hershey's Kiss eyes and mouth, stick arms and legs (compliments of Jeron and his needle nose pliers and the "dead" bushes out front), mittens and a scarf that we could only use for the picture (Jeron didn't want his Auntie Heather scarf left outside) and a zip tie lock of hair. You can see in the background that we have PLENTY of snow left over!

Now, I must include the following picture as proof that I was the helper in the snowman project.

Jeremiah was kind enough to take pictures of me on Saturday...as I am usually the picture taker and never to be found in the actual pictures! After we finished with snowmen, Jeron and Jeremiah went sledding down the rocks across the way...they claimed that there was plenty of snow...

3 comments:

Kim said...

yea for the new post! I was worried that I wouldn't see one! You look so great in your winter clothes and what a great mom to be out there with him! When my girls went out I sent them out and enjoyed the view from the inside. I miss you like heck and hope your christmas was great.

Heidi said...

Yeah...I hope my children realize what a great mom I am someday...I guess that's why I blog and scrapbook...so that they can see what fun parents they have!

Anonymous said...

What a great snow man!
It looks like you had great fun with that one.
Grandpa H