Nettie has inspired me to write down the funny things that Jadee says and the interesting words she comes up with for things. This age of language development is the best!
popped=toasted...as in, "I don't want mine poppeded, Mom." or "I don't want mine toasted, Mom." You'll notice that she always adds an extra past tense ending.
On the way down the hill from the temple: "Look at the leaves, Mom. They are beautiful. Somebody painted them for us!"
People, especially her brothers, belong to her...as in "my Davis" and "my Jeron".
About Nephi slaying Laban in the Book of Mormon Stories book...pointing to the picture, "Look, he's dyin' him!" Translation: "Look, he's killing him!"
I want a hold=I want you to hold me
Family Prayer: "Bless that we can stay in our beds a not get a 'fpank on the bum."
"Bless Daddy that he can not catch a bee and get better." Jeremiah was sick yesterday...the only thing I can think is that she doesn't want him to catch a bug?
Jeremiah has a fancy bathroom scale...the kids love to stand on it and watch the numbers dance and come up. Jadee says, "What does my feet pound?" Translation: "How much do I weigh?" I think it comes from telling her that she weighs 27 "pounds"...?
Well, that's about two weeks of paying attention and writing down Jadee's funny language...I'm sure there will be another installment sometime in the future! I only wish I could catch all of this on video...I think part of the humor is in the sound of her voice and her cute little face. She's a gem!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Cute Post Heidi! I cant wait to read more! Can you take pictures of your new car??? Love you all!
so cute! i love hearing these.
Okay...this now has a better date! Nettie...thanks for the info.
Those are adorable! I laughed and laughed. Does Jeremiah still have "bee?" What a great idea to write these down!
Post a Comment