Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Vacation!!

I am suffering from what I call "Post-vacation Depression". We had the great opportunity to spend 11 days in Georgia, Alabama and Florida. My brothers graduated from their respective Army Officer Candidate Schools...we are so grateful and proud! We spent the in between graduations time on the beach in Pensacola, FL where my dad did Navy Flight School many years ago. I could have stayed for at least another week. It is a rare occasion when every member of our family is together in one place. What a blessing for me to be friends with my siblings and their spouses. They are great people and I admire each of them so much. My niece and nephew are about the cutest ever and so much fun to be around. Here are some highlights (taken from the 412 pictures I took...try to narrow that down!).

Robbie's Graduation...Ft. Benning, GA...August 30, 2007

Officers & Gentlemen, Pinning, Swearing In

National Infantry Museum...Ft. Benning, GA...09/01/07

Guns, BIG guns, and trains...oh, my!

Army Aviation Museum...Ft. Rucker, AL...09/03/07


Jadee has determined that she is going to fly helicopters. I asked her if she would like to fly airplanes, to which she responded, "No, I am going to fly helicopters." I guess it runs in the Heywood blood. In the last picture, Dylan and Jeron are standing in front of a Blackhawk...the helicopter Uncle Timmy is going to fly.

Navy Lodge Beach...NAS Pensacola, FL...09/04-05/07


Little Beach Bums...Who WOULDN'T want another week?!
Museum of Naval Aviation...Pensacola, FL...09/05/07


Grandpa's Airplanes...Jeron getting his WINGS!

Cute Family...Pensacola, FL...09/05/07


Cute Kids...Pensacola, FL...09/05/07


The reason we have children...GRANDCHILDREN!! What a handsome bunch!
Grandpa& Grandma...09/05/07

Tim's Graduation...Ft. Rucker, AL...09/07/07
Swearing in...pinning...smiling.
Men in Uniform...

Heywood Family...

One of these things is not like the others...can you find it?



AND...just because Jeff LOVES every picture I take of him...

21 comments:

Heidi said...

Does anyone know why I can make all of the spacing right when I'm writing the post and editing it, but when it publishes, it is all screwy? Please help me...if you can?

Anonymous said...

Hey, the picture of Jeff doesn't load??
Thank you!! This is so wonderful!! I definetly want a copy of the picture of mom & dad and the family picture...or, you could just send me one of everything. Thank you family for a wonderful vacation and many great memories...
PS Heidi, you are an awesome photographer!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi, what a great set of pics. You are by far the best Photographer in the Family. Do you think you could send me a couple via Email?

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the post vacation depression. I am so grateful for the miracle of being there and for the faith of my children! We are so blessed as a family. Thank you Heidi for being our very own "family" photographer! Not too many families can say they have their own great photographer. I love all of the pictures.
Love,
Mom

Heidi said...

I'm thinking that when I have the pictures sorted and proofed I will just make cds for everyone. In the meantime, if anyone wants some by e-mail, just let me know which ones and how big (big enough to print?).

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all of the family for your prayers, fasting and faith, without which mom couldn't have made it. A true miracle! It was a wonderful week, one we will truly treasure for the rest of our lives. Thanks Heidi for using your talent to capture and preserve the event.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. We need copies too especially the old folks one.
Ron and Arva

Kristen P. said...

Looks like fun!!! That sand looks like I want to put my feet in it. I think that what doesn't belong is your shirt that says "Farmy". Somehow the way your shirt is looks like there's an 'F' to me. I asked Jon just to be sure;he said "I suppose.". I also think it is SO amazing that your kids look more like your parents than you, and Jeremiah...forget about him!

Heidi said...

Kristen...Yes, I've decided that Florida has the best sand...it was awesome.

I, too, noticed that my shirt is totally disheveled...SO annoying! It's really hard to be the photographer and be in the picture. Anyway...that's not it! Thanks for guessing...apparently, you are the only person so far who has paid enough attention to know you're supposed to guess! Look again!

Heywoods definitely have the dominant genes in this family!

Kim said...

Looks like a fun, fun vacation! It is good to have you back - we missed you guys. I totally understand the post-vacation depression. I give myself atleast 3 days, a week if it is a long vacation, to get myself back into the swing of things.

I'm surprised your dad was able to sit with a smile on his face surrounded by all of those army dudes. I am curious what shirt your mom is wearing?

Kim said...

2nd of all, great picture of your mom and dad and does Jeremiah feel a little left out to be the only man that doesn't have a uniform? Tim and Rob look A LOT alike!

Heidi said...

Kim...Mom's shirt says ARMY. I haven't asked Jeremiah if he feels left out? I sometimes do. You know, I was going to join the Navy and fly helicopters at one point in my life. I wonder if they'd still take me? They might...but not to fly, I don't think. I believe I'm back into the swing of household things...I'm just really sad and missing everyone. Otherwise, it's good to be back!

Kristen P. said...

Well, actually I did notice which one is not like the others: NAVY!!! I just didn't say anything about it.

Heidi said...

Kristen...you are SOOO good! Just so that everyone knows...we bought my dad an ARMY shirt just like ours. (We bought one for everyone...even those in the ARMY who receive them standard issue...we didn't want anyone to miss out on the great opportunity to match because they didn't bring one...JEFF ;-)) I didn't even remember that my dad had a NAVY shirt like that. So, I passed out all of the ARMY shirts and expected that everyone would show up in them. Funny Dad...I had to look at him twice to notice the difference. We all had a good laugh!

Kim said...

Hey! - didn't you get from my comment that I noticed that your dad had on the only navy shirt! I want some kudos!

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I not only smiled constantly while looking at your pictures and reading your captions, but they brought on tears - of happiness of course. That family of yours is the very best! We love you all and are so proud of each of you - Mom and Dad, too:)
I will need some of the pictures. We will have to talk.
Love you all,
Mary Beth

Heidi said...

Kim...I wondered if you were just trying to be sneaky and not give it away!? Good job! You and Kristen are the only good students of my blog. Way to go and THANKS!

MB...I would love to give you pictures...I'll have to show you the whole lot of them. I'll give you a call when I'm there and we can get together.

Anonymous said...

awesome picutes heidi! I had a great time on my vacation! It was nice to have everyone there for tim's graduation. I love the Flordia Beach! Love you all lots!

P.S. Let me know when you have the cd's availble and I'll send you some money for it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great vacation. Dana and the Kids had a great time. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family...all of them. Doesn't it just make you feel like the wealthiest person alive?
xox Cheryl

claire said...

Wow, what a good looking family! You must be so proud of your men! And your parents look so adorable with the grandkids. What happy smiles!
Somehow I can see you flying helicopters...maybe after the kids are grown, you can fly with Lifeflight! We could use a private pilot half the time...